Christmas Apricot Glazed Ham
Baked Ham with Apricot Glaze is a showstopping, tender, juicy roast. This recipe is perfect for Christmas or throw it together for an easy dinner recipe any night of the week.
4 – 5 kgs Leg of ham from The Pantry
500 g apricot jam
1 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups Dry Sherry
- Thin the apricot jam with a little sherry and heat until it becomes a sticky spread.
- Prepare ham by lifting off skin but leaving the fat. Diamond cut the fat and cut the skin off the bone and rub ham well with cinnamon.
- Spread half of the apricot glaze over the ham (retain the rest for basting when cooking and dressing before serve).
- Once ham is spread with the apricot glaze, press brown sugar over whole top of ham, making sure some sugar gets into diamond cuts.
- With the ham in the roasting dish, add 2 centimetre of water and cook for one and a half hours on 200C, keep basting with more glaze every 20 minutes or so – careful not to burn.
- Once cooked, let it stand for 30 minutes before carving.